If you are like me, I didn’t like taking tests in school. I wasn’t even that fond of school itself. Today, when I think of school, I don’t like the cookie cutter rules and the fact that MOST are not teaching our children anything about finance or the real world. That’s MY issue!
However, we are all unique in our own way. Some children have great memories of school, never take any notes and still get A’s. There are other’s of us struggle to take proper notes and happy if we get a C. Are we that different? YES! I can tell you I couldn’t stand reading books in school, yet today I’m an avid reader and a new author. Go figure! Now, we hear Life is a test and how we will continue to fail over and over again until we pass the TEST!
The point I really want to drill in about why we are looking at everyone else’s question, is WHY WE DO IT? Most of us are looking for acceptance and to be a part of something bigger than ourselves. Marketing sells us on wearing clothes the celebrity wears because its cool. The fads and trends come and go the hype on latest and greatest make you broke, unhappy and still not feeling better than we were before. Learn to set yourself apart from the masses, love yourself, do what serves you and forget about what others think. We will NEVER measure up even if we did our best at all that we attempted. You’ll get haters and those jealous not because you’ve worked harder,but you are better than you were.
I decided to change that phrase to “Life is a GAME.” We all love games or use to until someone told us we’re no good. We just have to know how to play it. Funny thing, as I was writing this I ran across a book that gives you ALL the RULES. The challenge is this, you’re given the rules below, do you heed the advice or do you play by your own rules?
Life is a game, we just have to understand the rules.
I picked up a book by Cherie Carter-Scott Ph.D. , called IF LIFE is GAME, THESE are the RULES.
I had to include the TEN RULES FOR BEING HUMAN
1) You will receive a body. Love it or hate it, but it will be yours for the duration of your life on Earth.
2) You will be presented with lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called “life.” Each day in this school you have opportunities to learn lessons. Like the lessons or not, they are ALL designed as part of your curriculum.
3) There are NO mistakes, just lessons. Growth is a process of experimentation, a series of trials, errors, and occasional victories. The failed experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiments that work.
4) Lessons are repeated until they are learned. Lessons will be repeated to you in various forms until you have learned them, you can then go on to the next lesson.
5) Learning does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain lessons. Does it ever seem like just when you have mastered one lesson, another challenge presents itself almost immediately?
6) “There” is no better than “here.” Many people believe they will be happy once they arrive at a specific goal. Whatever their “there” is, only to feel dissatisfied and move to another “there.” By chasing “there” you never truly appreciate “here.”
7) Others are only mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about someone else unless it reflects something you love or hate about yourself.
8) What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them are up to you.
9) All of the answers lie inside of you. All you need to do is look, listen and trust.
10) You will forget all of this at birth. You can remember if you want to unravel the double helix of inner knowing.
My life and my book is all about life’s lessons learned along the way and how to recognize them. When I picked up this book, it was just more affirmation that I’m on the right path. It was written in 1998, but there’s no doubt it is a timeless piece of information. Pick up your own personal copy today. This is a wonderful guideline to start figuring out your path and purpose in this life.
Although our lives are full of lessons everyday, it’s up to us how react to the situations. Wake up each day with a thankful heart knowing that your blessed to just wake up because others will not be so lucky. Start your day with a positive attitude and just KNOW you will be faced with decisions to make and ask yourself, “What am I suppose to learn from this?”
We can win this GAME called LIFE, it’s not a competition against anyone, but yourself. Our society wants you to copy your neighbor, you friends, the celebrities because that is about dollar signs for them. You need to take care of YOU first.
What is so important to learn here, Is our #1 goal is to MIND OUR OWN BUSINESS. I’m not being rude here. I want you to really get what I’m saying. There is your business, others business, and God’s business. Take a look at Byron Katie, she talks in depth about this. Most people are distracted by chaos that comes from someone else. We are worried about someone else’s business. Be honest with yourself. Look at your’e current problems you have and see whose business it really is. God’s business is Mother Nature, what surrounds you that you have no control over. Personally, it’s because of him I easily relinquish my anger, frustration and bitterness. That load is too heavy to carry anymore.
When we point the finger about what everyone else is doing or saying, we need to look back in the mirror at how many fingers are starring back at you. Focus on you and your family. Get where you want to be. It’s not always easy. I just say make it WORTH IT!